Your Privacy is Important to Us.
WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://aimplastics.com.
- The email address to contact us for questions or concerns is email@example.com.
- The phone number is (586) 954-2553
- Send correspondence to AIM Plastics, 22264 Starks Drive, Clinton Township MI 48036
This policy only applies to our site. “We” or “us” or “AIM Plastics” refer to AIM Plastics.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
DEFINITION OF DATA
The term “data” can refer to several different types of information on this website.
- Project CAD Data: We never share our clients confidential, project CAD data. It is handled securely and by a limited number of trained staff. We store all Project CAD data in a safe area with back-up redundancy. We abide by all confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements/requirements between us and our clients.
- Project Specification Data: the project specifications (non-cad data) are used to process your orders from AIM Plastics. It is seen by the appropriate staff during the normal business of processing an order. It may include company name, company address, billing information, credit card information, order totals, and quality control data. AIM Plastics may share our project specific data with our business partners with the intent of filling the requirements of your order. We retain project data only as long as it is useful or necessary.
- Medical Data: we work in the medical field and some projects may include confidential medical information. We never share confidential medical data and follow all federal and state guidelines pertaining to the handling and storage of that data.
- Personal Data: this is the demographic data needed for normal website functions. It includes but is not limited to name, address, phone, email address, previous employment information, social media URLs, IP address, post comments, gravatar, and images. See additional data types in the following sections.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We have three types of contact forms on the website.
- Basic information forms
- Employment application forms
- Project submission forms
While using this website, you may complete any or all forms. The form may require you to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, project requirement information, cover letter information, previous employment information, etc. The type of information you provide is your sole determination and is not required.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
SOCIAL SHARING AND SITE LINKS
This website contains links to other sites. This website also allows you to share content to social media platforms. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We use Google Analytics to measure traffic and understand how users interact with our site. We may use other tools to measure the efficacy of our marketing campaigns. The Google Analytics terms specify that no personally identifiable information may be collected through Google Analytics (see Section 7 of the Google Analytics Terms of Service).
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to answer your question.
In certain situations, AIM Plastics may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We use Dropbox to collect submitted documents. The only personally identifiable information kept on Dropbox is the information you have elected to share with us as part of the project. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of Dropbox. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
WHAT DATA BREACH PROCEDURES WE HAVE IN PLACE
- If we determine there was a breach of private information, AIM Plastics management will work with affected office or department to contain the breach. We will assess extent and impact of event.
- After containing the breach, we will determine whether specific legal protections relate to the breached information and identify the relevant reporting obligations.
- We will draft a standard notification letter to individuals affected by breach and send letters per applicable legal requirements.
- In addition to legally required notifications, we will determine whether other actions are required to remedy the effects of the breach (e.g. identify theft protection, notification to third parties, etc.)
- We will draft an internal Breach Report and may use the report to fulfill legal reporting obligations to appropriate federal agencies. Additionally, we shall maintain records for purposes of compliance with privacy-related laws.
WHAT THIRD PARTIES WE RECEIVE DATA FROM
We may receive data from various third parties during the course of our work. We retain third party data only as long as it is useful or necessary.
WHAT AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING AND/OR PROFILING WE DO WITH USER DATA
We work with automated marketing companies such as Mailchimp and Survey Monkey to send out electronic communications and carry out surveys on our behalf to customers who subscribe to receive them. Information held is on a secure server. You can review their privacy policies for information on how they manage user data.
INDUSTRY REGULATORY DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Visitors are responsible for keeping login name and password information confidential and are responsible for all actions taken with their login name and password. If a password has been compromised for any reason, the password should be changed immediately.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
This website is directed towards adults. We do not (a) knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under the age of 13, (b) have actual knowledge that it is collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13, and (c) have actual knowledge that it is collecting personal information directly from users of another website or online service directed to children under the age of 13.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.