We are looking for someone to fill a dynamic and challenging position as an Injection Mold Design Engineer. AIM is a quality driven, precision injection mold builder, with a strong reputation as a leader in the automotive components and medical device industries. We provide innovative solutions to our customers, while offering an exceptional level of support.
The successful candidate for the Injection Mold Design Engineer position must be especially detail oriented. This position will provide support for all manufacturing facets of AIM, including CNC and EDM departments, lead mold-makers, and program management staff. This position will also support the sales and management staff by providing information necessary for engineering change reviews and new mold quoting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Communicating with customers to work through DFM concerns
- Following specific tooling standards to create comprehensive 3D mold designs
- Creating 2D mold layout assembly drawings and bill of materials
- Creating 2D drawings of all manufactured components
- Generating 3D electrodes, along with 2D detail drawings and burnsheets for EDM
- Overlaying part models and providing information for engineering changes
- Ordering mold bases, hot-runner systems, and standard components
- Oversee several new mold designs at all times
- High-school diploma required
- Journeyman Mold-Maker certificate preferred
- Associate degree in Computer Aided Design or Machine Tool Technology preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with Cimatron and/or SolidWorks for modeling, drafting, and detailing
- Minimum 5-10 years experience directly related to injection mold building and design
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
AIM Plastics is a great place to work. Our employees have always been and will continue to be our greatest and strongest assets.